I’m a painter, designer, illustrator, dreamer, doer, maker, thinker, sender, giver, finder, builder, tinkerer, writer, drawer, laugher, happier living in Nashville and open to any conversation. I work in oil paints, gouache, graphic novels, watercolors, the occasional acrylics, the internet, furniture, inks, digital, installation, costumes, performance, conceptual, found objects, altered documents, bags of hair, poverty, paper, the psychology of spaces, and a constant push to challenge my preconceptions and techniques.
I immerse myself in my studio community, writing, and in the fastidious observation and recording of life. I love to talk shop. I thrive on good critique and open dialogue. I enjoy deep conversations. I’m fascinated by the universal battles in our own personal and emotional lives. I believe we are membranes of physical encasing membranes of emotional encased by a membrane of our relevant environmental influence, and as such we are permeable, we are amoebic, we are all a result of how we know and treat each other and the world around us. We have the potential and the responsibility to be a part of something greater than ourselves. We have all been called to survive in the wilderness.
Here at studiOmnivorous, we sure do like to talk. It’s not just about the weather or our favorite cats (though those things do come up); we’re around because we like to CEEED the fertile, fertile soil of creative community. You know…:
to Challenge and influence our creative thinking,
to Exercise and develop our critical thinking,
to Engage and encourage our artistic community,
to Explore and investigate our artistic process, and
to Document and share our artmaking efforts.
Many voices make a more rich conversation: Listen in. Speak Up.
In a nutshell: We do, and we help others do.
More thoroughly: studiOmnivorous is amoebic: a connective tissue of artistic, human, & material resources. As a studio practice, studiOmnivorous provides an umbrella that:
- gives direction and guidance for personal and collaborative projects engaging a larger cultural dialogue;
- pursues design solutions, arts outreach, and community organization strategies that build community, foster inclusiveness, and encourages entrepreneurship and individual empowerment;
- works to create connections and bring others up and along into opportunity, knowledge, and resources;
- cultivates ingestion and digestion of contemporary arts, including documentation, reflection, and archive-building;
- and encourages artmaking focused on process, active practice, and challenge.
At any given point, studiOmnivorous specializes in making doing thinking collaborating and other sorts of all kinds of tomfoolery, and also make a delicious Dirty Mocha.
A little about what we believe:
What I do:
Work with Me:
If you’ve got ideas for projects, something unlisted you’d like to ask about, or if you’re interested in partnering with me, Talk to Me! I’m always looking to collaborate with other artists and creative designers, or simply spread the good news about something cool that you’re doing. I’d like to know what you’re up to.
I’m available to work:
- on Individual Projects: whether in a set time-frame or on a flexible schedule, we help you identify milestones within the project to determine a billing system you can afford;
- for a Period of Hire: for sustained work through a variety of projects, locations, or services, billable biweekly;
- for a Particular Service: as an hourly rate for regular, consistent tasks or sessions;
- on a Partnership Basis: with a unique contract to fit your particular needs and complement the services you already provide to clients.
Let’s see what we can do!